TADA, a NYC based Architecture & Development firm is looking for qualified candidates for a position as an Intermediate Architect / Project Manager.
The ideal candidates will be intelligent, hard working, and have good judgment. Our firm operates as architect, owner, developer, project manager and sometimes builder. The right candidate will be excited about the prospect of doing all of the above.
We are looking for:
· minimum 3-4 years work experience in design / construction – the more real-world construction experience the better.
· Excellent computer skills – you should be good and fast and know the programs – ACAD, Revit, Excel & image manipulation & modeling programs.
· Great oral and written communication skills
· Great organizational skills
· Experience with construction documents and DOB filing procedures is a big plus.
· A core interest in how things get built – not just how they get designed, but how they are acquired, concept-ed, designed, permitted, structured, financed, bid, bought and made.
We offer exciting projects, the chance to build ground-up buildings in New York City, to run jobs yourself and to work with a small cohesive group who have a lot of expertise to share. Our office is located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn with ready access to the L and G train and within walking distance to several of our construction projects.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
92 Guernsey Street is a 17' wide townhouse we are building for some friends in Greenpoint. We were very glad to get the foundations poured before the winter weather starts to cause problems. These photos are from a week ago and the guys are already up to the first floor.
Tim Dumbleton is giving a lecture at Columbia Univ today - on Design + Development. Anyone in the area is welcome to join. He will be discussing TADA (www.tada.nyc) and how /why we shifted from being architects to also be owners / developers. He will also some and discuss some of the work we have been doing for the past 3.5 years and we will discuss the future of hybrid practice.